Sunday, December 28, 2003
Although I am still sick, today was rather strange. Saying Good Bye is never easy. I won't go into details about it, but maybe someday. As I was driving home tonight I started thinking, "What do I have to be thankful for." My first response was that it was going to be really hard. Then I also thought about this past year and what all has happened. Well the most important and obvious answer for some would be Jim (Our new Pastor). But mine was life. See, for some, that wouldn't be the first. But you really aren't thankful for something until it is too late. Back on Memorial Day Weekend I lost a friend that had experienced trauma in his life Part of the reason I am starting the Prayer Corner is because Prayer is the most single powerful thing that has ever existed. The other is a Memorial for 2 very special people. Both had found Christ in their lives whether through friends, loved ones, family, co-workers, or complete strangers. Both passed as a result of Car Accidents. Some know one but not other (on both sides actually). Also, both went during different times and years as well as 2 different types of accidents. I may sound like I am about to get preachy, and you are right. The first person would be Ryan 'Fury' Fioravanti. He was on his way to Las Vegas to visit some friends from camp. Just as he got to the California/Nevada Stateline, something went wrong. Nobody knows for sure what really happened but that night Ryan went home for the party of a lifetime. The second would be Beau West. Here is a person that grew up in a "Church Setting" and had lost his mother early in his life and also his girlfriend. He never really had a chance to get over his losses before going home to a much better place then this. He is one that went out like Elijah. Anyway, God has blessed those that knew these 2 guys. Life is precious, Life is sweet and don't ever forget that. Ok, I am done being preachy. Now for the next question that you all want to ask and the answer that I am going to give. Are you going to post your New Years Resolutions on the site? The answer to that question is nope. I may if I am ready to share them to all, but at this time it will be a few if any. So, I leave you with this for the evening. What have you done this year to be thankful?
No comments:
Post a Comment