I have been talking to a parent the past couple of weeks about a friend of their childs. I, as a Youth Leader and one who loves kids, have been struggling with the situation that this Child Of God is in. I am also struggling with the fact that God is present in the house and that He is protecting this youth. Anyway, on my way to my meeting tonight at church I was listening to a song by Shaun Groves. The description below is a little insight behind the song. My view is that I know Christ is there.
Jesus
I have met so many people who hate God because those of us who claim to love God haven't loved them yet. And I believe now that church services, Christian music and books are not God's primary means of convincing them otherwise. We are. They will know Him by our love for them. Yet I still find it difficult at times to love everyone I meet - not just the upstanding and clean - as if I am loving Christ Himself. (Matthew 25:40, 1John 4:19-21)
So I ask this question, Do I sit back and go off of what I hear? Do I try and do something about it? Do I assist in the matter? I know that Christ is in the house and that He is speaking. I also know that this child likes the time that is spent with his father (and by no means do I want nothing to ruin those moments). I want to think that the worst is going on but I also want to hope that everything is great as could be. Could it be neglect? Whether it be physical or mental abuse. So this is where I ask for your advise. Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on this matter. I wish I could go into more detail but I just don't know the entire story.
No comments:
Post a Comment