Since Jr High Camp, I have kept in contact with one of my campers. He is too funny. He wrote me today and this is a part of what he wrote:
At Calvin Crest, did I really get you busted for the jelly bean war because if I did I feel really bad.
Loyal Jelly warrior,
Joe
The insight behind this is that for the past 5 years, I have had a "Jelly Bean War" towards the end of the week. This is so when the Youth get home they have a little bit of camp to remember and think of what they have learned. Well this year I changed things around a little and did it at the start of the week and got the kids to go "mingle" with one of the other cabins in our team. Well they went to the wrong cabin. So they went the next night and got the correct cabin and everyone had fun and not a single person got hurt. Well, on Friday night Joe stands up at camp fire to say what he got out of the week and told the entire story. I thought I was done for. Then a glimpse of hope. He said that because of the Jelly Beans, he got to know a lot more people and if it wasn't for that he wouldn't have.
So what can we take away from this? Are you going to let a Jelly Bean impact your life (granted it isn't like a Mustard Seed, but it will do for now)?
No comments:
Post a Comment