Thursday, September 02, 2004

Another One Of Those Devos........................

I am still alive. I have been trying to remember which of my devotions that I was going to write about and I finally found both of them. The first one is titled "Unequaled Beginnings" and it goes something like this.

Life can be definite. Health concerns, financial worries, and chaos in the lives of those we love define our options most days. These are the chains of modern life. In the apostle Paul's day, the chains were perhaps more real. He was tethered to the wrist of a Roman soldier - a consequence of his arrest. Was this the end? Paul knew that endings and beginnings were often found in unlikely places. What tethers you today? Is it the love that defines your joy? Or has that love revealed the end of your own strength just in time to break the chains that bind you, giving you access to the new beginnings that are available to all who are tethered to the love of Christ?


What are some of the chains that tie you down? What are some of the ways that you can break away from these chains?

No comments: