Sunday, July 11, 2004

Walking not 1 but 2 miles in others shoes....................................

Well I am finally back from camp and happy to be back. It started out really rocky but Christ worked the way that he does and it totally got better. I would like to say that I really enjoyed getting to spend time and start to really know Houghton Gary and Joe. What a great trio of Guys. Also being able to spend more time with Shane and Matt and see how they have grown over the last year. To get to see Tom really see what he was doing with his life and really start to want to change it, and hang out for like 3 minutes with Adam and have him not like me by the end of the week due to safety. Plus, in the past it has happened that Adam would end up getting picked up by me and shockingly that didn't happen at all this week. I don't know if I would have made it through the week had I not had the great help of Larry. I came up with this title today knowing that Shane had puked his tummy out from racing to finish a 1/4 of a Watermelon in a watermelon eating contest and Tony not being able to find his shoes after swimming across the Lake. Tony had to end up borrowing a pair of my sandals so that he wouldn't be walking around camp bare foot for a day and a half. I think one of the best things of the week was the being at church and the wee hours of the morning and seeing Scott there to see his sister off and then he was there to welcome her come home. What a great love of a brother and sister. So often today we don't see that. For those of you that I had in Stellers Jay or Raven I look forward to hanging out with you more and see how things are going now that we are back in the valley and having to get back to everyday chores or school or just work. I love all of you guys and talk to you all soon.

No comments: