Friday, April 23, 2004

FOUR..................................

What a scary thought. It has been 5 years since I was last on a driving range to whack golf balls. That would make it only the second time in my life that I have done that (not including local parks, in which I don't really recommend that you go and do). What a strange thought. I don't do too bad but I am no Phil Mickelson. I spent last night with family and went today to pick up my aunt and uncle who leave tomorrow to go back to Indiana and am spending the morning and afternoon with them. We get some good laughs going but none topped what I did this morning at the range. I didn't think I was going to stop laughing. At one point I hit the ball and it went and hit the pole that holds up those safety nets and then it went through and almost hit somebody. The was one of my two laughing attacks. My second one came when I hit the ball it went up hit the net and then headed to the upper level (which was behind us). Am I ever lucky that I didn't hit anyone. It is interesting to see how many people strive to hit those golf balls trying to hit a certain target. If we spent as much time focusing on God that we did trying to perfect our golf swing and distance of how far we hit a golf ball then maybe we would be getting somewhere with a more peaceful world. On that note, I think for now I better just stick with the Frisbee Golf.

No comments: