Today starts the journey of this years goals. You would think that most would go off of the new year starting on January 1st. Well, don't get me wrong, because I do too. There are those "Resolutions" that we set but also this time of year is a challange. Have you all figured out what I am talking about yet? Thats right, today starts the 40 days of fasting. Most actually use this time to stop bad habits or drop something, but for me nope I think I am taking something on. First question you would ask is what I am giving up/taking on. The second would be why 40 days. The third is probably what do I get out of doing all of this. Well here are my answers, I am not going to tell anyone what exactly it is that I have given up or taken on (which ever you want to think). Second the fasting of the items for 40 days represents the 40 day and 40 nights that Jesus was in the desert and being tempted by Satan in which He gave up food and drink for those 40. Last but not least, It isn't about getting some kind of reward out of it, but rather furthering your Walk. I do look forward to this time of year and can't wait to see what the next 40 days have in store for me or what I will get out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment