This is my first week in my new position and so far it is a lot more relaxing then my old position. I am having to get use to my new schedule but that always comes with a new position. Seeing how today was my day off, I spent the afternoon at church planning for Shaun Groves. After my meeting I took care of a couple of other things that needed to be done and while walking over to the church office, I passed our Pastors office. It was such an amazing sight to see. Most of the time when you see the Pastor of your church, it is as they a preaching or praying. Leading a service is all that most of us see. There is more to the life of a Pastor then just preaching. Anyways, so as I was walking by, I saw our Pastor in his office putting finishing touches on his Bible Study lesson for tonight and his son sitting in there doing his homework. We as a church ask of so much time from our Clergy that they don't get enough time with family and loved ones. No matter how much Jim had to do to finish his lesson for tonight, he dropped all that he was doing and went and helped his son with his homework. Now if that isn't how we should manage our time then I don't know who I would want as a Mentor or as someone to teach me how to grow in my faith. I don't know if you get this all the time or if you even get these words. Let me be one to say them. THANK YOU for all that you do for our congregation. I know that it hasn't been an easy year and a half but you were sent for a reason. I also thank Him for choosing you to come and guide us. It may not appear in all of my actions, but I know I have grown this last year in my faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment