Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Can You Hear Me Know?..........................

For the longest time I just let my Bible sit either in my room or in my vehicle. For some reason that just isn't what we are supposed to do. How are we ever to continue our walk and strengthen it if we don't continue reading and studying The Word by just letting it sit in the same spot all week and move it only on Sunday? Well, since I got back from the first week of camp, I have been a lot better at setting some time each day aside to indulge in the word by doing Daily Devotions. There actually is a point to this. After reading one of my youth's online journal I thought about this today as I read today's Devo. The title was "The Answer Will Come." The main outlook was based on the scripture of Psalm 80:1-2, 8-19. What an amazing passage. Then comes the reflection of the devotion and this is what it said:

My son came to me and declared he didn't like Sunday school anymore. When I asked him why, he said, "Because I already know everything there is to know about God!" I said, "Really, how do you know it all so soon?" He replied, "Because you are the minister and you told it all to me!" If only I did know all the answers!
However, one of the amazing parts of faith is that not only do we find God in all the answers, we find God in the questions, too. In our deepest wonderings, our most faith-shaking doubts, and our persistent questions, we find Jesus Christ there to meet us. Perhaps our wonderings just make us open enough to listen for the word of God and the reality of Jesus Christ in our lives.
Take time today to ask God a question through a prayer, a drawing, or a poem. Then listen and wait for the answer just as the psalmist does. It will come.

All we tend to do is get caught up in today's run around of society and we don't take the time to spend time with God. I know I am guilty of not listening. How are we supposed to listen for the answers to the questions we ask for God if all we do is go go go? So, I leave you with the one thing that I am having to do as well. I challenge you to sit and listen. Not to the sounds of this world (our hectic lives but that of a spiritual). So Sit......................... Listen................receive Answers!!

No comments: