Saturday, February 14, 2004

When I woke up this morning to my dog had been a punk and gotten into the garbage can in the kitchen and knocked everything out of the can and had a feast. So she is in major trouble with me. Other then that, my Mom did the unimaginable. She washed the sacred hat. That is right!! Without me knowing and without asking, she washed it. I have been so protective of that hat for the last year and now what is there to be protective of. I loved the hat just the way it was. But some take it upon themselves to take care of things that don't concern them. Not only did she wash the hat but she also cleaned my truck inside and out. Ok, I think I am done. So this week I got to talk with Colin who is always on the go and just such an awesome young man. Who would have thought that he would leave a comment such as he did. It means a lot to mean when the young adults that I have watched grow up leave those kinds of messages. Not to mention Mom Garver. Just as I am mad at my dog I read that comment from her and then want to cry. So often in life people find the wrong or bad in people and what they don't do right and that is all you ever hear. Occasionally though, you get somebody who comes along and sees you for more then just your faults. I have to say that whenever she walks into the Chapel on Sunday nights I light up and get even more excited about what I am doing then what I had been before. One of the most amazing things that has stuck with me since Thursday morning is Allan. Ok, to kinda give you a little background about the last month or so, in church the topic on the series of sermons has been about miracles. One question asked to the congregation is have you ever seen a miracle? And the answer for me was yes. But nothing tops what I am about to tell you. It has been a full 14 days that Allan has been in the hospital. The majority of it has been spent in a coma. Allan had a Brain aneurysm while at work. He was rushed to the hospital to where we found out that it was inoperable. So they drained all of the fluid out and he had been in a medicated coma for the majority of that time. Just as an insight, once you have had a brain aneurysm there is no hope of survival. There is no clotting of the blood to stop the bleeding. Ok, so one of the Appliance and Electronics sales guys walked up to me and told me the most shocking news. Allan had not only come out of the coma (which wasn't the main concern) but no paralysis or damage was done and that he would have a full recovery. What better miracle can been seen that Christ is truly working in us and around us. He picks just the right people to show his work through. So I just want to thank all that prayed for him. Allan truly has a guardian angel watching over him.

No comments: