Thursday, February 26, 2004

So Tuesday was one of the most interesting nights that I have had with the company since I started 2 1/2 years ago. Just to set up the scene let me give you the rundown I was in electronics cashiering being bored cause you can't get into to many things over there and at about 8:15 I had this guy come up with one of the sales people (who buy the way hadn't sold anything all day) and I start ringing this guys stuff up when it starts to get complicated. One thing was supposedly a certain amount off and some for free. Well now comes the fun part. He decides that he wants to write a check. Nothing about this check looked like it was going to be real. So I acted like everything was normal and asked for two forms of ID (one being his Drivers License). So at that point he hands me his license and that even looked fake. So I ran over to the main office to get a second opinion. That is when it was apparent that this dude was trying to pull a fast one on me. He had already hit another one of our stores and got 2 big screens. Anyway, so I get our Loss Prevention department involved and we start to head back over to my register. When we got back, he was gone. I was so hungry for the moment of catching a felon. Identity Theft is one of the biggest things that we are hit with. So we were able to keep the license and the check he tried to pass. So I got a little joy out of the fact that I had saved our store some money. But then I started to get the feeling of sadness. Why do people think that they can do this kind of stuff? Where are they involving Christ in what they do? So that we the highlight of my week so far.

No comments: