Monday, August 26, 2013

You Go Nowhere By Accident......

     This year so far has been an interesting one. From the loss of relationships to the realization of something much deeper has happened in others is something that is normally not seen when we are knee deep in a relationship of any kind. I have had the opportunity to walk along side some people of the last few years and I even though I couldn't see the changes completely at first, I have started to see them recently. I had a friend tell me that it takes a village to raise a child. I told another friend that it takes the parents of the child to allow their child to hang out with those of us who help raise their child or children. It is a very humbling experience to see how people change. 

     When I started hanging out with a few people, they had their hearts set on certain things. Granted they are young but that doesn't make a difference. 1 Timothy 4:12 New International Version (NIV) says "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." In today's society it is hard to stand out from the crowd and be different. Some conform to the ways of this world and then there are those who have a light within them that makes them stand out. This is a light that not everybody sees. How have you raised a village? I guess from a young age I started helping raise children and becoming a part of their village. It is amazing how many different villages I have been a part of without even knowing. Those that have had the most impact so far are those of recent. Though the peaks and valleys it takes a strong individual to stand by somebody and be their strength when they feel they don't have any. 

      For those parents that have allowed me to be a part of their child's village I just wanted to say thank you. I have learned just as much from them as they have from me and I mean that in a good way. For we go nowhere by accident but it is God who is sending us.

No comments: