Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Can't Believe It...........

Six years ago yesterday I started at this furniture store here in town and was really excited that we were closed on Sundays since I am so active in Youth Ministry. I am still with this company and that is actually where I met my soon to be wife (within the next 2 months). So our first day we were stuck in the back corner of the Warehouse (at the store since there was only one location back then) for Orientation. Then we got to take a tour of the store. It was so exciting! I had never worked in a building this big before. I thought that I would for sure get lost. Well low and behold up until this year I was working in that store until an opportunity came up. I transferred out of the store in late January and have been working out of our main warehouse here in since I moved and am responsible for getting deliveries out. Anyways going back, that very next day would stick in everyones mind for the rest of their lives. I remember waking up and turning on the TV and having to rush to get ready for work cause I could not leave the TV. Anyways, I left for work as if it were another day (this was supposed to be our first day of training). So I pulled into the then dirt lot and walked up the hill to the building and went to where I was supposed to. We ended up being there for about an hour to an hour and a half when the group that was training us said that they were going to let us go for the day due to it would be hard to get through any kind of training and also that we didn't have permission to be in the building yet. Se the next two weeks we trained in a trailer outside and then opened the store. My original thought was how is anyone going to buy furniture at a time like this? Well they did it enough to where we now have two stores and a warehouse (three separate locations). It is an odd way to remember how long I have been with this company and how my first two days were. Anyway, the moral of the store is obviously based around 9/11/2001. I pray for those that are helping end the War On Terrorism and for those that have lost loved ones since that day.

No comments: