Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Living Up To Expectations...................

Sometimes, it seems to me that I am not trying very hard when it comes to Youth Ministry. I realize that I am a volunteer but I have gone to some training courses. I feel that I haven't put any of these things in practice. At the current time I feel like I have just stuck to my old ways. There is so much that I have to offer, but I have yet to put all of this into practice. Anywho, I am hoping that this year at camp that I can really get a spark started in these Young Adults. I get the opportunity to have a co-counselor. This is a young man that I have watched grow up and who has even gone through his own difficulties. It is so exciting that I will have 6 young men to assist in their walk and to show them a lot of love. Not that they don't get this at home but I have formed a bond with 4 out of the 6 of the guys in my cabin and then also some of the guys in our 2nd guys cabin. It is so exciting that we have enough guys to have 2 cabins of guys. We used to have 2 to 3 cabins and then the last couple of years only 1 cabin of guys from Vegas. Not that I am complaining. Actually it has been great only having 1 cabin the last 2 years. I have met other awesome young adults that I still keep in contact with some of them. I look forward to camp not because of it is a chance away from Vegas but rather it is a chance to meet new people and see those that I have met in past years. I do wonder sometimes if those that have met me in the past remember me or even want to hang out again. On the same token, I have a young man that is graduating from High school this year who I have kept in contact with over the last 8 years. This is a young man that lives here in Vegas but doesn't attend FPC. I can't wait to hang out and see him again. It seems that one of the young ladies in our Youth Group goes to school with him and he never knew until now. I feel kinda bad cause I never put 2 and 2 together. Anywho, I am off to get ready for work. Just 9 days of work left and then I am outtie for another week!! I can't wait to listen to the speaker and work along side of him too (hopefully).

No comments: