Friday, March 24, 2006
Dust Settling In.............
Wow, I am not sure if this is the longest that I have gone without blogging or not but I figured it was time. Lisa and I have been unpacking when we get a spare chance and even then we sometimes just come home and relax. I have to admit, I haven't spent as much time at home as I would like but in a few weeks hopefully this will all change. A lot has also happened since the last time that I posted. We are 2 weeks away from leaving for Mexico for the Mission Trip. I think that I am looking more forward to this due to the fact that when I was a Youth we didn't get this opportunity to go and serve in another culture, let alone adapt to their community. Anywho, I have also just been promoted at work so now I am back in management. When I think about it, my Motto of "It's Not About Me" teaches me more and more everyday. I also have learned so much from the teens in the Youth Group. Last night I had the opportunity to write a little bit about my life and I have never really taken the time to write about me or my walk. I have really learned so much in the last 8 years of being a Youth Worker. When I look back to 15 years ago I never would have imagined that I would be working in Youth Ministry. I also never imagined that I would be an Elder at church. No, it is not like the LDS religion that everyone is an elder. As Presbyterians, an Elder is like one of the Board Of Directors at a job. Prior to becoming an Elder I had helped with the start up of a contemporary service at church which within a year and a half of it starting, I was appointed Coordinator of the Service. I try not to brag all that often with what He has done for me with my life but I do thank Him every chance I get. So looking back, it has been a great adventure so far. Seeing what someone had been to me to change my life effect those that are now in the ministry learning from my as well as teaching me. I also thank Him for those that helped in teaching me. I don't know what I would do if I had to leave the church at this point but I do know that there will be a day when it is time to move on. Don't worry though, I am not going anywhere for a few years at least. There have been tons of memories over the past 10 to 15 years and I know there will be many more to come. There were times when I had thought that it was time to move but every time He had given me something else to do with my walk. Hope all is going well in your life and hope to talk to you or even hang out with you soon. Until then..........
No comments:
Post a Comment