Monday, April 11, 2005
A Post Long Needed.............................
As I have gone through the last 2 weeks at church, I have noticed that some of our more active Youth have not been there. I happen to play a rough role sometimes. It is the role of Mentor and Teacher. I happen to love these roles but at times it tends to be difficult. Instead of being a Mentor and a Teacher, I fall in love with these young men and women and want to see them only succeed (when I say in love I don't mean physical, but rather a sibling type relationship). It is odd that when you are really seeing them change, that they just out of the blue leave. Then came yesterday, it was our 2nd annual 1st Ever All Youth Event (combined Youth Group of all of our Sister Churches). We had this panel of people to answer some questions (which I was on). One of the questions that hit the hardest was, "Do you feel a part of your church........... why or why not. The only thing I could get enough guts up to say was "By leaving the church you can not solve a thing. You need to get involved and change the things that you are not happy about otherwise nothing will ever change for the better." This post does come after a fall out with some of the Youth that I love to not only pick on, but love to hang out with. I am not expecting things to just heal over the next 5 seconds (but it wouldn't hurt) and I also know that it is going to take time for this to heal. This is my little (if that is what you want to call it) rant of this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment