Saturday, April 02, 2005

I Can't believe My Eyes.............

I have to admit right here and now that I love to think that all of the kids in the Youth Group are sweet and innocent. That all they know are good values. Well here is a reality check to those like me. Over the past year not only has Blogging become "The Thing To Do", but today's youth have taken it one step further. The newest thing to have is a Myspace. In viewing some of them they aren't exactly screaming CHURCH!! Instead, this is where I have found that some of them been drinking and doing drugs. What has this world become that these Youth, this worlds future, can't even express their feelings to a mentor or someone willing to help? Talk about getting High or Drunk or having Sex. That isn't who I am and that certainly isn't who I am about. What am I called to do? How am I supposed to set an example? But then, as I sit here, I realize we are not Called to Walk this Path alone. We are here to support one another and fall on each others shoulders when we need help. What do drinking, smoking (anything), drugs, and sex do for you? The answer is NOTHING!! It only makes any pain that you are trying to run from disappear for a little bit. Never fear though cause it will come back. When are we going to get back to communication with each other and not really on putting our hurts out there for the whole world to see?

No comments: