Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Honesty and Respect.......
Spent most of my day listening to a song and struggling with the words that it said. It actually got me thinking about today's society and the fact that not only has the golden rule gone out the rule but so has the respect for others and honesty. Why is it that we feel that we can't be honest with those in our lives? A good relationship is built on honesty. If a person cannot trust you then why would they want to stick around and be in a relationship with another person. I know that I only ask for honesty from others. Now, if I get that from them is a different story. We can't force somebody to be honest with us but only hope that they make the choice to be. As for the golden rule, if you lie to somebody else does that mean you are alright with others not being honest with you? I know that I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment