Monday, August 25, 2008
Fortune Cookie..........
So the other day I was driving home and eating a couple of fortune cookies. After I finished eating the actual cookie I read what the fortune was and that got me thinking. It said "Nothing in the world is accomplished without passion." This is a very strong statement!! Then as I got to thinking more about it faith came into play. Because I work with Jr High and High Schoolers (more Jr High than High Schoolers) I started thinking about them and their faith. Next brought me to the thought of our yearly Mission Trip down to Mexicali where they experiance first hand the root of Mission, Ministry, and Outreach. Mission is meant for just anybody to do but it is great to see what He will do with each and every person there. I have always like Mission Trips but when I was in High School never went on them (especially to Mexico). It was mainly my choice but I was more into the summer camp thing at that point. Only when I actually went down to Mexico did it open my eyes to what He had in store for me. For the last 3 years our High School group as well as adults from our church go down to Mexicali for a week long adventure. We grow as a team and strengthen our faith. Though there may by tests while we are there it is so amazing to see our group of young adults work side by side with a community of believers that are so focused on family and not themselves. If you were to go down there you can learn a lot from them. They live with what they have and to get things that they don't need. And here we view them as a third world country. I don't see that as the case. Rather I see them as very rich in the things that they have because it is the fact that the live with what they need and are happy with what they have rather then getting things that they want to fill their happiness. They have a passion for family as well as happiness and that is one of the biggest accomplishments that anybody could ever have. So I leave you with this statement again..... "Nothing in the world is accomplished without passion."
No comments:
Post a Comment