Monday, October 10, 2005
Truly Mans Best Friend....................
The hardest thing in your life is saying goodbye to a loved one. For the last 12 1/2 years my family has had a dog. I woke up this morning to hear the news that I need to say my goodbye today because when I get home tonight, she won't be here. An animal might be considered just a pet to some, but it is family to me. She has laid by my side during my saddest days. She has greeted me with happiness when I have come home from a trip. Now what do I have to look forward to when coming home? She has even come in and given me a kiss good night. During scary nights of Thunder and Fireworks she has climbed up on my bed and laid next to me because she is frightened. Samantha has been a faithful friend through the years. I will really miss her. There is just something about the smell of a dogs foot, the feel of their warm body next to yours. I don't know how anyone goes through this. Am I mad that she is leaving? I am not mad, but I am sad. Some would even be made at Him, but I am not. For I know that a time comes for everyone and everything. I am just blessed that I had my lovely dog in my life for this long. If for some odd reason I were to come home tonight from work and she would still be here, I think that I would be really happy, but the way my parents are talking, that isn't going to happen. So let me just start the goodbye by saying thank you for all the wonderful years. You were truly the best animal that I have ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment