Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Feeling Better....................

Lately I have had the opportunity to just sit back and think about some things. In the past I have just brushed some things off. I knew that there were teens that weren't in my church, committing the act of Cutting. I had known of one within my community but not at my church and then one from another state. Then I wondered what I could do to help? Who would I talk to. See, I have never met the parents of these teens so I couldn't talk to them. Plus I figured that if I knew about it that someone in their church would know and would have done something about it. My theory is that if those 2 are telling me about it, a complete stranger (somewhat), then they would have had to tell someone that knows them better then I do. Anyways, so I had been struggling with that on my mind. Then I got a call. One of my teens was thinking about Suicide. The first day I had kept it to myself and now feel really bad about it but that teen did the right thing and filled others in on it as well. Then came a letter from another teen who was frustrated beyond all get out. This person had talked about how they had cut a while back. Now I was really shocked. Am I that blind that I didn't see this going on in my own church? I have watched these young men and women grow up in this church. I have assisted with letting them know that they are very much loved. Yet still they turn to things like Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, and yes even Cutting. All to fill voids that are there in their lives and to help cope with them. For the first 3 that I mentioned, it is running from the problems that are just going to be waiting for you when you come back to reality. The last one, cutting, is only going to create mourning. Why is it that in today's society, we are letting our future know that it is ok to do this and while they do it we will just turn a blind eye and/or ear while they do this. Have we not showed them that there are people out there who actually love them and care for them? I am really looking for some advice here. For once I am asking that you email me with your thoughts. If you don't have my email address it is located in my profile. Please also pray for those who have had, are having and will have these thoughts. Noone should go through this alone.

No comments: